How to care for your product
Follow our washing instructions to keep yourself out of a stinky situation:
Many braces on the market are made of neoprene - a synthetic material used to make wetsuits - or similar materials. Neoprene doesn’t “breathe” and traps sweat, which leads to unpleasant smell and breeding ground for bacteria.
Bauerfeind products are different because they’re made of a high-quality knitted material. Knitted braces are more durable, moisture-wicking and can be easily washed in a regular washing machine.
- Machine wash in cold/cool water (~30ºC) using the gentle or delicate wash cycle setting
- Wash with similar colors using a laundry detergent with no additives (no fabric softener or Woolite)
- If your product has a velcro strap (like the Ankle Support), please make sure that you do not attach it to the knit, but on the same type of material - (Closure on closure, Strap on Strap)
- If possible remove pads/inserts before washing.
- Lay flat to air dry, do NOT put your product in the dryer
- We recommend washing your product in a mesh washing bag
Please do not make any alterations to the product yourself. Please follow our instructions for use and care. They are based on years of experience and ensure that our medically effective products continue to work for a long time.
After all, only supports that function perfectly will help you. Failure to follow the instructions can also limit the warranty.
- Avoid contact with ointments, lotions or any substances containing grease and acids.
- Never expose the Sports Knee Support to direct heat (e. g. heaters, sunlight, in your car, etc.)! This may cause damage to the material, which can impair the effectiveness of the product.
- To avoid damaging the support, do not turn it inside out.